I think I was so relieved to have Easton's party over that I haven't been ready to blog about it for a while:) It was just a teeny family party, but still - parties are a lot of work! Here is his invitation I made and had printed at FedEx Office for way too much money...


He had a "ball" themed birthday party. I wonder how many of those he's going to have. It seems to be an ongoing obsession. We had all kinds of ball decorations from the dollar store and I made 4 ball cakes: soccer ball, baseball, basketball, football. The cakes didn't turn out as cute as I planned, but I will post pictures of them and the decor when I remember to get them from my mom.
For Easton's birthday/Christmas we have been working on re-finishing the bedroom set that Tyson had growing up. So far the bed is turning out SO cute and I am excited to post pictures when it's all done! For his birthday we got him his bedding: pillows, a blue quilt, sheets, and 4 decorative pillows that I made him with the left over fabric from his crib bedding. They each have a different ball on them. Baby Callan will not be using the same crib set since I have already had to throw away every last bumper pad - they became wadded up into balls one by one in the washer. So I plan to somehow adjust the crib skirt so it will fit on Easton's new bed and all of his decorations (all 2 or 3) will still match.
Here are the only pictures we got of the night! (PS when I got back from picking up the pizza I was informed that Easton chose to be in his birthday suit for his birthday party. That is typical of Easton. He is often yelling, "I wanna be naked! Always be naked!" :)



He got some very cute sweats outfits from Steve and Arlene as well as Grandma and Grandpa Page. Steve and Alrene also gave him a BYU jacket that is super cute and will fit for a long time. Amanda and Thomas got him a set of balls that are really soft and he LOVES them of course. Hayden and Nicole got him a tractor set with a bridge and stuff which he also loves to play with. My family got him some much needed warm PJ's and a Mr. Potato Head that has kept him entertained for HOURS. Kelsey and Danny got him a BYU Pez and pom-pom. And Kate sent him a Mickey Mouse "dub" house plate and bowl.
We're so grateful for our families and all that they do for us!
Side note - I'm totally losing my mind. I feel like a complete air head during this pregnancy and I'm not sure I'm ever going to get my brain back. Some of the many air headed things I've been up to are...
Forgetting to take a picture of Easton with all his birthday stuff (a Cook family tradition)
Forgetting to hand out the party favor bags that Easton and I spent hours making that week.
Going to spend the weekend at my mom's while they were out of town and forgetting the key which she gave me 4 copies of so I wouldn't forget.
Driving to Holladay for a baby shower and not bringing the invitation with the address. Also forgetting that my phone was dead and forgetting to bring the charger. Therefore missing the shower.
Leaving meals out on the counter over night and waking up to rotten left overs.
Mailing out ALL of the Thank You notes from Easton's birthday party with 2 cent stamps.
The list could go on and on and on. I'm just praying that a small portion of my brain returns after the baby is born.




haha so appropriate to be in his birthday suit for his birthday and those invties were so cute! and no worries on the preggo brain i'm right there with you!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I'm not the only one experiencing the forgetfullness that comes with pregnancy! ps- I'm pretty sure you took new family pictures and I'm pretty excited to see them!... Please post soon!
ReplyDeleteCute invitations! Looked like the party was a success even with the mishaps. He sure is a cute little boy.
ReplyDeleteCourtney, Don't be so hard on yourself. This whole post made me smile. At least you have the pregnancy to blame things on...I have no excuse! Love ya and keep doing what you are doing...you are doing great :)
ReplyDeleteHa ha how funny! The invitations were super cute. Glad Easton had a good bday. Can't wait to see pics of his new bed and bed set, I bet they're cute.
ReplyDeleteInvitations are darling! I still can't believe you will have another little one running around soon! You are such a cute little mom.
ReplyDeleteWell Happy Birthday Easton!! You sure have a fun mommy - even if she has prego brain!
ReplyDeleteI feel you on the prego brain, I am losing it!
ReplyDeleteI love his Birthday card and his birthday outfit is so funny.
Easton is such a stud! I love that our boys get to hang out on Tuesday's! At least you are a cute prego! Hope all is going well...
ReplyDelete