So my little sister Cassidy, who is 15, got some exciting news this week. My dad arranged for her to spend the week with him traveling in Washington D.C. Cassidy was thrilled to get to spend time with our dad, but even more thrilled when she found out who would be joining them on the trip....David Archuleta! I am told she actually cried when she heard the news. Cassidy is a mega Archie fan. Always has been and probably always will be (she really thinks she might marry him.) One day in D.C. she, David, and my dad (the chaperone) took a 3 mile walk back to the hotel (she calls it a romantic stroll), went to get ice cream, and went and did baptisms at the D.C. temple. They did not have enough temple workers there so my dad got to do the baptizing. (If you have no clue what I'm talking about, go here:)



Anyway, they had a great time seeing the sites: the White House, Mt. Vernon, Washington Monument, etc... Cassidy was more focused on the site of the back of David's head on the bus seat in front of her than any of those out the window...but still, a great experience.
Tomorrow Tyson is doing a photo shoot at the Great Salt Lake so, since he's never done pictures there, we drove up today (in pouring rain and 48 degree weather) to get a feel for things. Since we were already in the area, we picked up my dad and Cassidy at the airport on our way home. We parked in the parking garage and decided to go in and wait because we were early and hungry. Right when we walked in Tyson said to me, "Look there's Bill Clinton." A very close Clinton look-alike was walking right toward us. As we were staring at him, the woman with him turned to us, pointed at Easton and said, "That is a cute kid." We said thanks and looked at each other and realized that was Paige Davis! It was definitely her. We think the Clinton man must have been her body guard of some kind. So my claim to fame is that Paige Davis thinks I have a cute kid. My dad later pointed out that she probably saw us pointing and talking about Clinton guy, thought we were talking about her, and felt she had to say something to us as we were walking past. I choose to believe that she just really thought Easton was cute.





yeah well. the guy from lonestar announced my 21st birthday at their concert. haha just kidding. your stories are cool
ReplyDeleteYour sister is so lucky lol! I am not a David Archie fan, but that would still be neat to spend a week with someone famous lol. I agree with you, Page Davis just thought Easton was cute :) P.S. Your new header pics are adorable!!! I love them!
ReplyDeleteHow fun.
ReplyDeleteCool week for everyone. How did the photo shoot in the rain go?
{I knew that if I put it off long enough you'd figure out how to center everything yourself. Way to go! So sorry - we've had a houseful of visitors this weekend and I haven't had a second to breath}.
This story makes me laugh! My cousin Whitney would die to spend a day with Archie! Thomas and I saw him at the Fall Out Boy concert about a year ago. I tried to use him as my claim to fame too, but he wouldn't hold still long enough for me to take a picture of him with my camera phone:( Boo! I'm with Savoon on this one... Paige Davis didn't need any encouragement... Easton really is a cute kid!
ReplyDeleteok...that is hilarious!! haha
ReplyDelete