Today was such a good birthday! We got to sleep in until it was time to go to church (which isn't that late since church is at nine, but I'll take it). We got to church and were a little late so we sat in the back on the metal chairs which ended up being great because Easton has a whole bunch of magnets that he just sat quietly and played with on the metal chairs the whole time. This has never happened before. Maybe we're turning a new leaf. Then, since Easton's birthday is my half birthday (and vice versa) ... today was Easton's first day in nursery! He loved it! And we loved it! And his nursery leaders loved it! It was just a good thing all around. His leaders said he was sooooo good and they just loved him and that he ate a ton of grapes. (He seriously loves grapes.)
After church Easton took a 3 hour nap and I got so much stuff done and took a nap! It was so nice to not have any homework to worry about! Tyson has been so good to me. All day his answer to everything has been "sure, it's your birthday!" He made a delicious turkey dinner for us. My family has been in Idaho all weekend and just got home tonight. They have been calling me the birthday scrooge because all I wanted for my birthday was to stay home and do nothing for once! But, they guilted me into driving up there after all (plus Easton needed to get out of the house really bad by 6:00).
We opened presents.
My sister Kate made a delicious cake.
Easton played outside until he was an icicle.
And I got some fun stuff! Socks and wash cloths (which is what I asked for), chocolate caramel pretzels, The Proposal, and some scrapbooking things from my sisters, a book called "I am a Mother" and money from my parents, flip flops, a sweater, a dress, and some fabric for photo backgrounds from Tyson and Easton, and Kelsey always has very original gifts... There was this really old chair sitting at our work forever and one day I mentioned that I would like something like that to do pictures with. So when I got home from work on Friday, there was that very chair sitting in our living room! It had a note that said: "Happy Birthday! The present is the act of asking Mike (our boss) if I could have this chair. P.S. It is his mother's." So now I have my boss's mother's chair. And she also made me a grocery bag holder that is really cute!
I also got some money from Tyson's family and a gift card to Rodworks from Thomas and Amanda! Thanks everyone!




Shoot! I am the worst friend...Happy (late) Birthday!! I am glad you had such a fun day! I am glad Easton had an easy time going to Nursery, I bet that will make church so much better :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good one!
ReplyDeleteWell Happy Birthday. Doesn't that make you about 14 this year?
ReplyDeleteOh how time flies.
I snuck a peak at the photo blog today. Getting good!! I really like the fabric backdrops. Way to go on the clipping masks. I don't know why, but I almost ALWAYS get the steps on that backwards when I do it - and I've been at it awhile.
Anywhoo - Happy Birthday again. Glad you enjoyed your day.
Happy birthday Court! Sounds like you had a great day! Hope all is well love you!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday. i want to know what chair that is :) its always good when mike gets in a cleaning mood, he gets rid of lots of stuff. a good time to cash in :) jk
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDelete