Well, let's start off with the CRAPPY week. Three weeks ago Monday, I took Easton to the doctor because he had had a bad cold for almost a month. We got him an antibiotic. Then on Thursday, I started to notice a diaper rash. It wasn't bad, but from working at the pharm I knew that antibiotics can cause yeast infections. So I had the dr call in some cream. Two days later the rash was a total nightmare!!! And making the rash incredibly worse was the fact that Easton was suffering from extremely disgusting diarhea. Poor baby. So I kept calling the nurses and they kept saying to just let him go free without a diaper.
Here he is going naked and looking very innocent as he digs into my chocolate muffin.
The problem with letting him "go free" was that he kept "going free" all over the floor. I spent three days chasing after him with hot rags and lysol. It was NOT fun. Tyson took him in to the doctor again when his rash was getting worse and the doctor called in some ointment for me to mix at work. It's kind of a mystery how it worked because the medicine that was in was really a cholesterol medicine. When I got home from work that night with the ointment, Arlene was changing his bum and he was just screaming in pain. It was the saddest thing ever. But the second I put that ointment on he was fine! It was a miracle drug! This made it possible for us to go watch Tyson's last softball game. Easton was very cautious the whole time. He chose to stand for the entire game because he was too concerned about sitting on his sore bottom.

We put Easton on soy milk for 3 days which he loved and it seemed to help him get better. Wednesday was the worst day. The rash was bleeding and blistering. Then on Thursday it magically went away! We had a fun weekend with my family. Friday night we went to Alta High School's homecoming game to see my sister Kate hand over her crown. My Grandma came down from Idaho and we all went to the General Relief Society meeting and had dinner for my dad's birthday on Saturday.




i am so sorry about the dipper rash bridger just had the samething about 3 weeks ago, i remember the oh so sad screams when we changed his bum. i am glad that cream worked so fast! he is such a cutie!! i am glad that he cought on so fast to falling asleep by him self it took many sleepless nights for us befor b got the hint :)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad his rash is gone, that does not sound fun at all! those are some adorable pics!
ReplyDeleteThe joys of having kids. I never had the flu since probably elementary school then I have kids and have had it probably 3 times. Good times, but they bring so much joy in our lives don't they.
ReplyDeletePoor guy! I'm glad he is feeling better! I love the picture of Tyson 1/2 asleep and the picture of Easton naked with the chocolate covering his manhood..Too funny!
ReplyDeleteeaston is so cute, his poor little bum though! i'm glad its all better and thats nuts about the rocking him to sleep thing, do you have any other tips for us?
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh! i can't believe how big he is!! that is such a funny/sad story! glad we can keep in better touch :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a bummer - really!! - about the diaper rash! Poor baby!! He sure is stinking cute, though! And what a funny pic of Tyson - pretty much asleep. Hope all is well up your way!! I hear it's freezing!
ReplyDeleteThe next time he gets a diaper rash, try Ilex. It is a miracle ointment. Korver got a really bad diaper rash that bled and was so painful. We tried everything from home remedies to perscriptions. Finally, I was talking to my friend and she was telling me that she had to go to Primary Children's when her son got such a bad rash that wouldn't go away. I tried it and it worked. I was thrilled and tell everyone about it. Seriously, I always keep some on hand. It's kind of expensive, but totally worth it. I know that you carry it at the pharmacy. Kristen had to order it in for me once.
ReplyDelete