Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend Fun

We had a pretty busy weekend. On Friday my mom babysat Easton as usual and I went to pick him up in Sandy. Then we went to my cousin's house in Lehi and had a little family get together to visit some cousins who were in from Washington D.C. It's actually my mom's cousin Valerie and her son Karston who is 8 months old. Here are Easton and Karston with Grandma Manning. Karston is a great grandson to Grandma Manning and Easton is a great-great grandson.
Unfortunately on the way home from Lehi, they were doing bridge construction on the freeway and I got stuck in Springville for an hour. I got home late and Tyson helped me make the food for Kelsey's bridal shower which was Saturday. We finished making food and crawled into bed around 1:00 AM. Just then Easton woke up...and stayed up until 8:00. So Tyson made me a very early morning birthday breakfast that was delicious.

And we did some laundry and house cleaning and got ready for the day. We all got to take a nap from 8-10 AM.

My dad watched Easton during the shower. He wouldn't have it any other way.

After the shower we went to dinner with Kelsey and Danny to Texas Roadhouse in Sandy. They had delicious rolls with cinnamon butter and we all enjoyed our steaks. At one point we thought we could actually hear Tyson's prime rib "moo-ing."

Then we went back to my parents' house and I opened some presents. I got a new dress, serving dish, jeans and some other clothes, flip flops, a book, and of course a trophy from Kelsey and Danny. I also got a bag and some money from Steve and Arlene and my grandma. I'm going to buy a new temple dress with the money. Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Ha, it makes me so sick when people order their prime rib rare...so disgusting! Once again, Easton is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you. Wish we could have been at the shower. Easton looks like so much fun. Does he look like your dad?

    ReplyDelete