Monday, May 25, 2009

Use Your Noodle

My mom gave me her old noodle maker so we decided to try it out today. I used to help my mom make noodles when I was little, but it wasn't as easy as I remembered. I'm so glad Tyson was home to help me. You make the dough and then you feed it through the machine 7 times making it thinner and thinner.
My mom always hung each piece on towels on chairs so that's what I did.
Then once it's thin enough you hook on another attachment and feed it through to make noodles!
Easton didn't like that the noodles were taking up all our attention.
And here's the finished product. Not too bad for our first time.
Making noodles was a lot harder than I remembered and took over an hour! I think I'll try making them again when I have 3 or 4 more helpers like my mom had. Oh and maybe a MIXER!

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow, I would never have the patience to make my own noodles lol! Easton is such a stud! We need to have another bonfire up the canyon soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how funny dont you just love trying do cook like our moms it never turns out like the way they do it. oh well at least you try :) what kind of noodles are they, like pasta noodles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I need to make some soon. I've never done the seven times through thing. Maybe you could cut that back and save some time. :)

    ReplyDelete