Friday, November 20, 2015

July Part 2

Tyson took the boys to a Jazz game with JD, Trace, and Grandpa.  They had fun but had to leave early because Easton was complaining about his neck hurting so bad and being dizzy.  We found out several days later (after sending him to both school and church) that he had strep.  Oops.  

Fin wasn't feeling well either.  I think he probably had strep as well, but the doctor said when I called that babies can't get strep until they're two.  (Like it's some kind of germ discerning age.  Psh)  Oh well.  We got a lot of snuggle time.

 We got to got to Lagoon again for Grandpa Page's work party this time!  The boys had a blast with their cousins!  Of course Grandma got them Dippin' Dots and Callan opted for a Coke!
 The end of July things started getting really rough with the boys!  They were tired of each other and tired of me!  I could not wait for school to start!  Easton especially was throwing frequent tantrums and I felt like everybody was yelling at each other all the time.  It was not fun.  One night I was telling Tyson some terrible story I heard on the news and Easton overheard.  He didn't want to sleep alone and I found him snuggled up to Cal in my bed.  I decided they really did like each other after all and that somehow we'd make it through the rest of the summer!

 Tyson spent some time out at Antelope Island looking for deer.
Bath Boys!
Banana Boy!
When a tantrum wears you out...
 We went to the Spanish Fork Fiesta Days rodeo.  It was lots of fun!  We spent most of the time trying to chase Fin around.  He wasn't in the mood for sitting still.
Then we went camping up Payson canyon with the Porters.  We tend to only go camping every couple years on Pioneer weekend always with them.  They're the perfect camping buddies!  The Gordons and Hardings came to join us for the campfire.  It was a good time!  The boys played in dirt, shot cans, and even exploded a full can of beer they had found by throwing it in the fire.  
The garden really took off and we had lots of pretty veggies!  I wish I could say they were tasty!  Well I never tried any, but they sure were pretty! 
Tyson started pickling with Grama Manning's pickle recipe.  He would do a batch when he got home from work at 7:30 in the morning before he went to bed.  He has the funniest hobbies.  And how cute is this hand written recipe?  


We sold our beloved Jeep in July.   Four months later I'm still not sure how I feel about it!  We just had to keep taking it in for repairs and thought it was time to get some additional seating for carpools and such.  But I really miss that old Jeep!
Here's our new Acadia.  I've wanted one for I don't know how long.  It's nice to have a third row and separate the kids little bit.  There are definitely a lot of upgrades.  Sometimes though I think it was easier having the kids all where I could reach them!
 We celebrated DQ Miracle Treat Day with Blizzards!
 And we ended July the same way we started - in Idaho! We went up for Deryk's baptism and got to spend some time at Birchcreek.  When we got there we sat down for lunch and Callan started screaming that he was so dizzy so I thought he was going to pass out.  I picked him up cradling him like a baby and took him inside the cabin where he started puking straight up Old Faithful style with everything landing back on his face.  It was seriously in every crevice you could imagine!  Nightmare!  We washed off in the spigot and changed clothes and he was fine.  Hopefully he was just carsick.  Now I know next time he's "dizzy" not to lay him back!

The boys caught grasshoppers all day!

 We rode four wheelers
 and collected sticks.
 Deryk's baptism was great.  We love our Idaho family!




1 comment:

  1. A, you have an awesome memory for being able to blog about things that happened in July! B, your boys are so handsome.

    ReplyDelete