Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Viva Las Vegas!

For Tyson's spring break we went on a trip to Las Vegas with the Page family.  We had so much fun!  A big thanks to Steve and Arlene for the fun trip!  We went shopping at the outlets, and Caesar's Palace, explored the Bass Pro Shop, did some gambling, and went out to dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and Mandalay Bay Buffet.  

Easton brought home some "pinchers" from dad's crab at the buffet.  That might have been his favorite part of the trip:)
By the next morning, it smelled SO BAD he willingly threw them away.


The night we came home from the buffet Callan was asleep, but he woke up when we put him in his crib.  Tyson and I were planning to go do a little gambling that night (my first time ever) so we took Callan for a stroller ride to try to get him to sleep.   We were getting a lot of strange looks as we walked around the casino.  We thought it was just your average "why did you bring your kids to a casino" looks we were getting all weekend, but after about 20 minutes of walking around with Callan snugly in the carseat in the stroller with the shades down so we couldn't see him, we noticed a little bump in the top of the shade.  Turns out he had been standing up and peering out at everyone the whole time.  We got a really good laugh out of it and he was definitely not asleep.


    

Steve and Arlene watched Callan and Crew, and Hayden took Easton to the arcade so Amanda, Thomas, Tyson, and I could have a gambling date.  I had a lot of fun on the poker and roulette machines.  A little too much fun maybe.  I wanted to try a penny slot machine and Tyson told me how stupid they are.  I won $35 the first time I pushed the button!  I'd like to say I left with $35, but don't worry, we did come out on top by about 20 bucks.  We also had fun on the Deal or No Deal machine.

Another funny story - one morning we went to McDonald's for breakfast and Tyson left his phone there.  We went down the big staircase and when he realized he had lost it he had Amanda call his phone.  An old lady answered and Amanda went up the stairs to go meet her and get the phone back.  Tyson went with her and Easton went running up after them.  Thomas went running up to catch Easton and I stayed at the bottom of the stairs waiting for them with Callan and Crew in their strollers.  It wasn't 3 seconds before an officer approached me and told me I would have to leave because children weren't allowed to loiter in the casino area.  So I left (thinking it was so ridiculous) pushing both strollers to the waiting area at the Starbucks.  The whole time people all around me were talking about me.  The guy behind me thought I was super woman.  Thankfully, everyone found me at the Starbucks and it turns out the old lady who found the phone was Hayden.  So I got booted out of the casino with the babies all for his little prank!  So funny.  I'm just really proud that I never got ID'd the whole time.  Miraculous.

It was a short trip, but we had a great time!

PS: We spent the whole entire night up with Callan screaming last night.  I was starting to get really upset with him because I thought he was just acting naughty until about 3AM he puked like 3 gallons.  
All over me.  And the couch.  And the carpet.  Such fun times.

3 comments:

  1. Las Vegas was so much fun! Im glad everyone was able to go! I hope Cal is feeling better! Poor little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky mama isn't puke the best... and when i say best i mean worst! we love vegas its our favorite getaway. way to go on gambling!!! we love that too haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you never going to blog again?

    ReplyDelete