Callan has croup again. Surprise surprise. I would just like to know how many more strains of the virus we have to go through before we are completely immune. He is so miserable. He just wants to be held but even when I hold him he just coughs and whines and cries and sneezes and is covered in snot 24/7. I hate it. Nothing stresses me out more than sick kids.
I've been meaning to post for a long time one of Easton's funny phrases: "I need hold." We all know that he's a pretty intelligent kid and has been making advanced sentences since he was two. But for some reason he has always said, "I need hold." When Callan cries he says, "Mom, he needs hold." And every once in a while I hear, "Mom, we both need hold." So funny that he turns the verb into a noun. For some reason "hold" is just this comfort word to him. So funny.
Anyway, Callan is needing a lot of hold today. Someone please get us to some place warm and humid.
8 DAYS!





This could be a long week. Could we just go today ????
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous of your trip!!! I have a feeling Hawaii will be a cure all for these sickie bugs! Try Boogie Wipes for the snot problem! I love the ones that have menthol in them!
ReplyDeletePoor guy :( Hope he gets feeling better soon! SO...Where are you going in 8 days???? It looks like heaven!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, that's too bad. My brother would get that too. My mom was told to give him garlic when he had that. She would make garlic toast for him and it would help clear the croup up. Sounds weird and he might stink but it worked well for my mom.
ReplyDeleteLucky girl! I'm sure Hawaii will do the trick. I hope he gets well soon that sweet little bug. Love you Court!
ReplyDeleteHouston is warm and humid...but not pretty. So I guess I'd stick with the place in the picture (Hawaii???). Nate had croup a little while ago. Nursing sick kids...doesn't get harder than that.
ReplyDeleteI've heard that putting vicks on his feet and put socks on him at night helps and also what Shaunna said, but onion not garlic. Put an onion in his room (somewhere where he can't get it) and supposedly it "eats" up the germs. Have fun in Hawaii! Lucky!
ReplyDelete