Friday, October 29, 2010

Something I Forgot to Blog...

At the beginning of last week I was having an especially hard time with my angelic little almost two year old. He was not acting so angelic and I was afraid that's just the way it was going to be with a two year old. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday Easton was hitting me, biting me, kicking me, and yelling "No Mom!" to everything I said. He emptied out his entire bath onto the bathroom floor with a measuring cup in a matter of seconds (I really do watch him when he's in the tub:), peed his pants five times in one morning (he's been potty trained for a good month now), and threw MAJOR tantrums in stores throwing things off the shelves, etc... It was terrible. We have been trying to figure out the whole discipline thing, but it's HARD to find out what is effective for your child.

On Thursday I worked my normal 9 hours while Tyson's mom watched Easton. After work she and Amanda and I had our monthly toe appointment. When I got there I was relieved to see Easton asleep on the couch with his angel face on:) We finished the appointment and I got back in my car to drive home. I checked my phone and there was a text from Kelsey that said, "Don't tell me you have a toe appointment."


I got home to find that she had prepared a "romantic" dinner for Tyson and I. I don't know if it was because she knew how stressful the week had been or if it was just because she made all this yummy food in her class that day. Probably a little of both. Tyson had eaten without me (he'd been home for an hour or two), but mine still tasted great after it was microwaved! She made spaghetti with sausage on top. She actually made the sausage. There was a lovely salad (on Tyson's plate only of course) and bread with home made garlic butter. She also had apple juice in champaign glasses for us. The fruit was sliced like it came from some fancy restaurant too. She is the ultimate over-achiever.

Just wait till you see everything she's making for Halloween!

6 comments:

  1. I must admit, he is getting a pretty big attitude, but ya just can't help but love him! He is ssooooo cute! I hope you're bringing him down tomorrow so I can see him in his costume! He helped me pick out the perfect treat to give him when he trick-or-treats at my house... OLIVES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it's hitting now, rather than right before the baby comes like it is for us! Whenever Wade throws a fit we make him go to his room and sit on his bed with the door closed until he calms down. Then we try to talk about why we don't do those things. It seems to work as long as we are consistent. Good luck! By the way, you have such a sweet sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap. A) I miss her B) when I grow up I wanna be like her C) this is my angry face cuz I won't be there for Halloween >:-[

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I just mention, the bread was homemade to :) I just can't see that good food go to waste! I won't disappoint on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. typo: I meant TOO, not TO. Sorry Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks and sounds so yummy! Hopefully this week is a little easier with Easton :)

    ReplyDelete