Sunday, July 11, 2010

Easton Stuff

Easton started going to the UVU Wee Care Center last week for daycare. It about broke my heart. I just have one class for this block for 2 hours every morning and it was too big a hassle to meet one of our moms, then get him back, then meet a mom again so I could go to work all in the same day. I don't know how so many moms do it! The first time I walked away from that place leaving my son with total strangers I felt terrible! The good news is, Easton loves it. He loves playing with other kids. The teachers say he is so good. They said last week he saw one of the teachers cleaning up and he stopped what he was doing and helped them clean up the whole room. They were very impressed that he put all of the balls, dinosaurs, blocks, etc... in their own bins and remembered where they go. I always knew he was smart. So one of my sisters watches him Mondays, he goes to daycare Tuesdays and Thursdays, and we have some cute young women who live below us that come play with him on Wednesdays. Somehow it always works out.

So after I pick him up from daycare, I generally try to plan something fun for us to do together like going to the library or for a picnic before I have to go to work. It helps with the guiltiness. Here's some pictures of our picnic.




The other day I left a chair pulled up to the kitchen counter. Easton climbed up there and when I came in I saw this innocent face.

Then I saw some gooey greasy hands.

He decided to spread butter all over uncle Danny's beloved bananas.

And demolish the butter in the process.

But he sure is cute. Last Saturday while watching fireworks I noticed Easton had a few bug bites. Two were just normal mosquito bites, but one was really swollen. Sometimes my mosquito bites swell up so I didn't think much of it. Yesterday when he got out of the tub I noticed it was bigger than ever with a squiggly red line around the edge. I knew right away that it looked like a staph infection and Tyson agreed. So I took him to the instacare and I was right!

They traced a circle around it at the instacare so that we can monitor its growth. This is from today and it actually looks a lot better as far as redness and swelling since he's had 3 doses of the antibiotic. But it has expanded past the circle a little bit. If it hasn't gotten within the circle by tomorrow he has to go have some nasty shots! I knew if a staph infection gets to your heart you're toast, but the Dr. assured me it was caught in plenty of time. So we just keep watching and re-tracing the circle. And now Easton thinks you draw circles around all your owies. Haha.

9 comments:

  1. I love him. Let me know if you want a sitter any night this week. I'm bored. And any week next week, Trace and i will be bored. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a guy! We feel so lucky to get to see him so frequently. What do grandparents do that live far away from their grandkids????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie! He looks so grown up in those pictures though, not a little baby anymore! Let me know if you need me to watch him again, he was a blast and so easy! I hope his staph infection goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma Page sure is going to miss her Ihop partner! I'm glad things are working out with the day care! I sure wish I was around more to help out! He can spread butter on bananas at my house anytime he wants, just not on the dear heads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Court, Tyson needs to talk to you. Since you forgot your phone I figure you'll be checking this many-a-time today so call him when you see this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. easten always gives good storys. that poor bannana and the butter hahaha so funny. now you are going to have to keep all pens markers ect away when he gets hurt :) to cute. i hope it goes away with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Courtney!! So glad you commented so I could find you. I spent like 30 minutes searching for you on Facebook but couldn't find you! If you see me on there add me! :)
    Easton is just the cutest! Such a happy boy! And if you ever need any help with a babysitter let me know we are home every day pretty much! And your pictures at the top of your page are so cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks like he is getting so big in those pictures! That banana is pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete