Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quick Story

If you know Tyson and me, you know we always have key issues. Last night we had to go over to Tyson's parents house so he could do some homework on their computer. We got Easton loaded into the jeep. I went to get the mail while Tyson went to get his backpack from the other car. When we got back to the car I pulled on the handle, but it was locked. I kind of waited for Tyson to unlock it and he kind of waited for me to unlock it. Then we realized Easton had been playing with the keys from inside the jeep and had locked us out! We ran inside looking for our other set of keys and couldn't find it anywhere. We turned every bag, jacket, junk drawer, basket, and pair of pants upside down. I called my mom to see if we had left them at her house and she said we should probably call the police to come and unlock it. Luckily, the little squirt unlocked it for us after five or ten minutes so I did not have to call the police and feel like a terrible parent!

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry. From what I've heard this is more common than you might think. I did that with Shaylee in the middle of July when she was a baby. I hurried and called a locksmith guy to get it open fast so she didn't get too hot. Easton was probably just playing a trick on you and knew what he was doing the whole time. :) Apparently you take after your mom and dad with the key issues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary! I would be freaking out! But what a smart little guy to lock and unlock the car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so I feel kinda bad but I was TOTALLY laughing reading that story!! Although, if it had been me in that situation with Emma, I probably would have freaked out and broken the window or something!!

    Too funny!! I'm glad he opened it for you!!Thanks for the little laugh today!! Hope all is well with you and that things have calmed down a bit for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha that is so funny!! that totaly sounds like something that would happen to me. i am so glad that he unlocked the door for you, that just really makes me think that i should msybe get a spare key made for my car :)

    ReplyDelete