My dad has pretty sweet job as the public relations manager for Children's Miracle Network (a non-profit organization--don't ask me what that means--that raises money for children's hospitals). Among the many perks are frequent flyer miles, Marriott points, Disney passes (and therefore the ability to take the entire family to Orlando last week-except me, but I'm not jealous), and of course meeting lots of famous people. This time it's President Obama. To his left is Miss America 2009.

Each year a child from each state is selected who has spent lots of time in one of their hospitals and has overcome challenges to go meet the President at the White House and also attend a celebration in Orlando. They get to go to concerts, and Disney World, and all kinds of special events. Here's all the kids at the White House. I guess President Obama let them all play on his daughters' new swingset. I understand there were no "special olympics" comments made at this time.





I wouldn't be jealous at all too! Not!...How cool would that have been.
ReplyDeleteThats cool your dad has a fun job with all the benefits that comes with it.